Saturday, August 02, 2008

Spinning Tips

Spinning Tips



1. Attaching the leader




For a leader, you can use string or a 12" length of yarn (commercial or handspun).
I use a piece of old handspun, as it was semi felted.


Over lap a 2"-3" section of pre-drafted wool over the leader


Turn the wheel to start the twist. Holding at a 45 degree angle from the needle.


To wind on, stop the wheel and hold yarn at a 90 degree angle
and turn the wheel to wind yarn onto needle.


Move hand and wool back to a 45 degree angle and turn wheel to make more yarn.


I wind on in 2" sections and build up from there. Moving towards the tip,
as I spin a section at a time. If you try to fill the needle from
right to left, back and forth, your yarn will eventually
slid off the tip as you spin. (ask me how I know…lol).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Explode Your PayPal account with 24/7 Instant Commissions!